EUROPE’S LARGEST CONFERENCE FOR POPULATION RESEARCH
- EPC2016 is a general scientific population conference where the topic „Demographic Change and Policy Implications“ will receive special attention.
- The European Population Conference (EPC) is the largest European conference for population
- Approximately 900 participants from all over Europe and overseas are expected.
- The EPC is held every two years and for the first time carried out in Germany from August 31 to September 3, 2016. Venue is Mainz University Campus.
- The conference theme is ‚Demographic Change and Policy Implications‘ focussing on policy advice.
- A total of around 500 papers will be presented in parallel sessions and approximately 250 posters in several exhibitions will be shown.
EPC2016 THEMES AND CONVENERS
|Fertility||Stuart A. Basten
University of Oxford
|Sexual and Reproductive Health||Catherine Gourbin
Université Catholique de Louvain
|Families and Households||Norbert F. Schneider
Federal Institute for Population Research, Germany
|Life Course||Lívia Murinkó
Hungarian Demographic Research Institute
|Ageing and Intergenerational Relations||Pearl Dykstra
Erasmus University Rotterdam
|Internal Migration and Urbanization||James Raymer
Australian National University
|International Migration and Migrant Populations||Marta Tienda
|Health, Wellbeing and Morbidity||Aïda Solé-Auró
Universitat Pompeu Fabra
|Mortality and Longevity||Domantas Jasilionis
Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research
Università degli Studi di Sassari
|Data and Methods||Iñaki Permanyer
Center for Demographic Studies (Barcelona)
|Economics, Human Capital and Labour Markets||Anne Solaz
Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED)
|Policy Issues||Irena E. Kotowska
Warsaw School of Economics
|Development and Environment||Wolfgang Lutz
International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
|Poster Only||Nico van Nimwegen
Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute (NIDI)