Speaker Preview Room
The facilities in the Speaker Preview Room of the European Population Conference 2016 will provide the possibility of:
- reviewing your presentation on Windows-based computers
- last minute alterations of your PowerPoint presentation
- support by technical staff
- uploading your PowerPoint presentation on the serverTo enable the staff to handle the technical aspects in an efficient way, all presentations should be prepared according to the guidelines below. It is essential that:
- the correct format is used (see below)
- the presentation be handed in on time at the Speaker Preview: at least two hours before the beginning of your session (it is strongly recommended to deliver your presentation the day before the session if possible).
The Speaker Preview Room is located on the ground floor in P6.
Speaker Preview Room opening hours:
Wednesday, August 31: 16:00 -20:00
Thursday, September 1: 08:00-19:00
Friday, September 2: 08:00-19:00
Saturday, September 3: 08:00 – 13:00
Transfer of your Presentation
Please submit your presentation to the Speaker Preview Room via one of the following medium:
- CD ROM (CD-R/RW), DVD-ROM (DVD-R/RW)
- USB flash drive
Save all files associated with your presentation (PowerPoint file, movie/video files etc.) to one folder/location. We recommend to save videos and graphics and pictures separately on your CD-Rom or USB-Stick. In case of problems we can re-insert the originals.
Conference staff will transfer your presentation from the Speaker Preview Room to the corresponding session rooms. You will easily find your presentation at the lectern installed laptop in your session room.
In the event that you have more than one presentation during the conference, save the different presentations in different folders and name them clearly to avoid any on-site misunderstandings and problems. Always make a backup copy of your presentations and all associated files and save them on a separate portable medium by yourself.
Each session room is equipped with:
- Video beamer 1024×768 pixel
- Lectern with microphone
- Laptop with operating system Windows 7 (English)
- Remote control with laserpointer
Please use Microsoft PowerPoint 97-2010 (*.ppt/*pptx), OpenOffice / LibreOffice 1.0 – 4.0, PREZI or Adobe PDF to guarantee your presentation will open successfully on an on-site PC. All presentations will be presented in 16:9. Please use high contrast lettering and fonts with a minimum size of 16pt and high contrast layouts like light text on dark colours. All presentations will be presented in
- 16:9 rooms P2-P5
- 4:3 rooms P1, P7-101
Please use high contrast lettering and fonts with a minimum size of 16pt and high contrast layouts like light text on dark colours.
Pictures / Videos
Because of the many different video formats support cannot be provided for embedded videos in your presentation; please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the WMV and MPEG-4 format should work with no difficulties.
Movies or videos that require additional reading or projection equipment (e.g. VHS cassettes, Video-DVDs) will not be accepted.
Only fonts which are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows 7 will be available. Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout / style of your presentation.
Suggested fonts: Arial, Tahoma. If you must use different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation.
You can control/move slides during your presentation on your own (by remote control PowerPoint – please kindly check this in the Speaker Preview Room in advance). Kindly be at the session room at least 10 minutes before the session starts to meet the chair and familiarize yourself with the technical and other equipment. Using your own laptop for presentation is not possible.